Owego Forest Recreation Camp
Information for 2023 summer camps will be posted soon
This is a tuition-free program open only to residents living in the town of Owego or a hamlet within town borders. Please see the map below for clarification.
Spend up to three weeks at the Waterman Center in Apalachin. Join the Bluebirds (ages 6-7), Green Frogs (ages 8-9), or Black Bears (ages 10-11) for an adventure filled with nature hikes, learning games, science investigations, and crafts.
This is a more introductory/exploratory approach to environmental education than Waterman EXPLORE, but participants should still express an interest in nature and the outdoors.
Programming will be delivered primarily outdoors so campers should be prepared with appropriate closed-toe shoes, sunscreen, insect repellant, and adequate food and water for the day. Campers will need to bring lunch every day.
1) Fill out the quick webform below
2) Complete registration you receive in the mail. Complete materials must include
Legible registration form
Up-to-date immunization history
3) Mail complete packet to: Waterman Camps, 403 Hilton Road, Apalachin, NY 13732
* the postmark will determine the order in which your child/children will be admitted
4) You will be notified via email when registration is complete.